LIPSTICK LOVE: My Top Picks for Red Lipsticks
Red lipstick is a classic and timeless lipstick colour. The bold rouge is not everyone’s cup of tea; but, I think we can all agree that every makeup lover probably has at least one tube in their collection. It’s definitely a “power colour” that just screams confidence!
I started experimenting with lipstick at a young age. So, I am no stranger to the struggles of finding the perfect red lipstick. I absolutely love red lipstick! I have collected a wide variety of reds through the years, and these are the ones that stood out the most to me.
In no particular order, here is my list of top picks:
- Wet n Wild Megalast Lipstick in “Stoplight Red” – A bright, classic true red. This is one of the most popular red lipsticks in the drugstore because of the impressive quality for the inexpensive price. This is known to be a great dupe for the ever-famous MAC Ruby Woo.
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in “Wine with Everything” – A muted brick red. This shade is a very toned down red with slight brown and orange tones to it. It’s a good starter red for those who are just trying to ease their way into trying red lipsticks.
- Shawill Vogue Noble Steady Color Lipstick in “07” – A bright red with blue undertones. Ah, memories. I wore this lipstick to my Junior Prom in high school. I even reviewed this in my old blog! The smooth, balm-like formula makes it super hydrating and comfortable to wear, and the superb pigmentation is stunning! And for the price tag of PHP 128? It’s a great deal!
- Maybelline Creamy Matte Lipstick in “Rich Ruby” – A classic, cool-toned red. I reach for this when I was a casual, no-fuss red lip with minimal makeup on.
- Maybelline Creamy Matte Lipstick in “Divine Wine” – A deep wine/Oxblood red. This is such a gorgeous deep wine shade!
- L’oreal Matte Red in “Pure Rouge” – A blue-based red on me. In the tube, it looks more like a true red. On some skin tones, this tends to look warm. It is also a dupe for MAC Ruby Woo, which is also known to adapt to the wearer’s skin tone.
- L’oreal Matte Red in “Pure Garnet” – A deep, burgundy hue that leans towards berry on my lips.
- Colourette Colourstick in “Persia” – A deep red with blue undertones. It’s quite a vampy shade.
- Sooper Beaute So Matte Lipstick in “Red-dy For You” – A warm, orangey red. It’s a summery shade of red.
- Napoleon Perdis Set Lipstick in “Madrid” – A glossy red with slight blue undertones. I feel bad for including this in the list because it is not available locally. Napoleon Perdis is an Australian brand. Their face primer is included in my Ride or Die/2016 Favourites. It’s just such a beautiful red shade with a very comfortable formula. I used this in a makeup gig recently and the clients loved it!
- MAC Matte Lipstick in “Russian Red” – I’m not the biggest fan of MAC cosmetics in general. I have my opinions about the brand. However, I cannot deny that it is an oldie, but a goodie kind of classic. MAC Russian Red is equally just as famous as its sister, Ruby Woo. It’s a little less bright a bit cooler than RW. I do reach for my L’oreal Pure Rouge more than this; but, I still think it’s a great red that deserves recognition in this list.
That’s all for now! What is your favourite red lipstick? Leave a comment and let me know!