Quick story: The LAST thing I learned how to do might surprise you. Eyebrows. Yes—eyebrows: one of the core basics of makeup. The “frame” of the face. It’s very ironic considering that my brows are my most complimented feature. It took me a while to master pencil and powders; you can imagine how baffled I was when brow pomades became a thing.
Everyone knows about the famous Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade. While beauty gurus raved about this product, I branded it as a mere “hype”. I was satisfied with my trusty pencils and powders. Plus, brow pomades are pricey! ABH Dipbrow retails for $18 (on their website), but it’s sold for PHP 1,200 locally at Beauty MNL. Its equally well-known dupe is the Colourpop Precision Brow Colour ($6 USD) which retails for PHP 500.
So, what changed my mind?
Le Blanc’s Beauty & ScentStation is a brand that’s very dear to my heart. It’s a local indie brand that specializes in natural and organic makeup, skin care, and fragrances. I’ve already reviewed their lip creams, BB Cream, duo foundation, tamanu soap & serum on my blog; and, I’ve featured their other products on my Instagram. So far, I have never been disappointed with any of Le Blanc’s products. Keeping an open mind, I decided that it wouldn’t hurt to try the
Le Blanc’s Eyebrow Pro Powder/Pomade. Wait, what? “Powder/Pomade”? What is it really?
This product was originally formulated as a loose eyebrow powder, but it was reformulated into a gel-to-powder product. It applies so smoothly and sets into a practically budge-proof finish. The new product name is Le Blanc’s Eyebrow Gel (as of 26/11/17).
There are four (4) shades: Mocha Brown (NEW), Burgundy Brown, Choco Brown, and Deep Brown
- Mocha Brown – A light, neutral brown. No prominent yellow or red undertones; just a true mocha shade. [Like an answered prayer, this shade was just released 5 days after I originally posted this review!]
- Burgundy Brown – A soft blend of reddish brown tones and a touch of blonde undertones. This is the lightest shade. It works well for for people with blonde to light brown hair.
- Choco Brown -True to its name, this shade is a true chocolate-y brown that is universally flattering. [When I first tried this, I thought I had the wrong shade because it has prominent red tones when freshly applied. It subsides as it sets/dries. This is my favourite shade.]
- Deep Brown – A rich neutral brown with a touch of gray undertones. This is perfect for dark brown to black hair.
Ingredients: Kaolin Clay, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Dioxide, Mica Spheres, Iron Oxide, Vitamin E Oil, Jojoba Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Phenoxyethanol
I love the new packaging! It’s so sleek and classy. It is now a glass jar that contains 10 grams of product. A protective lid was also added to prevent spilling, contamination, and drying.
What I love:
- Honestly, what’s not to love?
The formula is smooth and creamy.If you’ve ever had issues with your gels/creams/pomades drying up and becoming stiff, this will not be an issue with Le Blanc’s Eyebrow Gel. I’ve had my Choco Brown one for almost a year now and mind you, it is as soft and smooth as it was when I first got it. I promise you that.
UPDATE: This has been reformulated as of its new batch (26/11/17). The texture is now similar to a mousse, but not as thick. It is still soft and easy to work with, but it now has a better hold and staying power. 🙂
- It is richly pigmented. A little goes a long way.
- Easy to blend and work with. It doesn’t dry too fast, so you have ample time to blend!
- You can control the application. Do you want soft, natural looking brows? Apply sparingly and brush through to soften. Want “on fleek” defined brows? Carve out your desired shape with ease using a fine/thin angled brush.
- Great hold without the stiffness. Brow (setting) gel is optional. The formula sets the brow hairs in place without giving them the “crunchy” feeling/texture.
- Long-lasting. Although,
it’s not entirely waterproof, it is water resistant.I have never had any of my clients say that this faded or smudged.
UPDATE: The new formula is now WATERPROOF! Yay!
- Affordable. For only PHP 350,
you get 5 grams of product, which is a lot considering how little you need for each application. UPDATE: You now get DOUBLE the amount for the same price! It now contains 10 grams.
What I don’t love:
- I don’t really have any complaints, to be completely honest!
Perhaps, some people might wish for a more water resistant/waterproof formula, or perhaps a wider shade range; but, I’m already highly satisfied with this product just the way it is. Although, if I were to give a suggestion, maybe I would want a shade lighter than Burgundy Brown. Something more suited for the lighter blondes (those with bleached/platinum blonde hair).UPDATE: As I’ve stated above, the reformulation and new shade are an answer to my prayer. ❤
To say the usual “I highly recommend this product” would be an understatement! Just go to my *Instagram accounts and check my MOTDs and lists of products used on myself and on my clients; I have been using this product almost exclusively since I got it. Need I say more? 🙂
*Personal IG & Blog IG
These products are available at Le Blanc’s Beauty PH.
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. I am not paid to review and promote the brand and products. I paid for the products with my own money and the review is based on my own personal experience. The products that work for me may or may not work for you.