Bloggers/vloggers, makeup artists, and all kinds of beauty enthusiasts came together on the 11th of February to attend the Beauty Confidential: BDJ x Project Vanity Beauty Bootcamp held at Glorietta Activity Center, where makeup artists, skin experts, and business proprietors shared the top secrets and techniques of the beauty industry.
Workshops and live demos were held by participating brands such as Bioderma, Zenutrients, Nuxe, Ever Bilena, L’oreal, Ellana, Cover Girl, and Max Factor. There were six workshops in total, namely: Derma Secrets to Great Skin, Makeup Expert Beauty Hacks, Self Care Regimen from AM to PM, Fierce Beauty LOTD, Discovering the Transformative Power of Mineral Makeup, and Oil-bularyo: How to Make Healing Oils Work for You. Attendees get access to two workshops of choice. [I picked the Makeup Expert Beauty Hacks and the Oil-bularyo: How to Make Healing Oils Work for You, hosted by Max Factor and Zenutrients respectively.]
More than 20 brands participated in the event and had set up their own booths where they held exclusive sales, promos, and fun games where you can win prizes; and of course, what’s a Project Vanity event without some goodies for the attendees? Workshop attendees received a beauty loot bag worth PHP 2,000 — very sulit for the tickets to the event which were worth PHP 1,250 (PHP 1,000 for the early bird promo).
There were many familiar brands from the international scope: Carefree, Revlon, Canmake, BYS, K-Palette, Max Factor, Cosrx, Nuxe, Cover Girl, Bioderma, Sebamed, Celeteque, L’oreal, as well as our very own local brands: Lay Bare, Ellana, Ever Bilena, Careline, Colourette, Zenutrients, Makeup World, Pink Sugar, and of course, Project Vanity founder Liz Lanuzo’s In Her Element.
We also had a newcomer in town, Chihuahua Cosmetics!
“The first ever mini-sized cosmetics in Asia is now in the Philippines! Chihuahua is changing the size of your make-up, something that you can actually finish.” – from Chihuahua Cosmetics website
I wasn’t able to have a good look around their booth because a lot of people where gushing over their display of miniature beauty products. I’ll make sure to check them out soon and let you guys know what I think!
So, what’s inside the beauty loot bag?
- Ellana Cosmetics Loose Mineral Foundation and Sheer Velvet Mattifying HD Powder Samples
- Travel sized bottles of Bioderma H2O Micelle Solutions and a tube of Bioderma Hydrabio Gel-Creme
- Chihuahua Eyebrow Pencil in “Natural Brown“
- Pink Sugar Velvet Matte Lippie in “Iconic”
- Cover Girl TruBlend Mineral Pressed Powder in “3 Translucent Honey”
- Carmex Classic Moisturizing Lip Balm
- Colourtint Intense Blend Lip and Cheek Oil in “Thalia” from Colourette Cosmetics
- Ultra Volume Mascara and Marchesa Collection Nail Enamel in “933 Chameleon” from Revlon
- Zenutrients Enhancing Shampoo – Green Tea variant
- Nuxe Paris Huile Prodigieuse Multi-purpose Dry Oil sample, Cosrx Clear Fit Master Patch: Somadermspot- S
I also bought a few items from the beauty booths:
- In Her Element Spot Control Facial Oil
- Colourette IntensifEYE Liquid Eyeliner in “Cleo”
- Colourette Supramatte Real Nudes Liq’Lacquer in “Isla”
- Ever Bilena Volume Curl Mascara
I don’t have many photos of myself at the event since I went alone. I did get to take a picture with Ms. Liz Lanuzo, the founder/Editor-in-Chief of Project Vanity and CEO of LLB, Inc. (company that produces In Her Element).
[Can I just mention that Ms. Liz just doesn’t age? I have photos of us from 2015 as proof, haha!]
[Quick backstory: I’ve been an avid reader of her blog since I was in high school. She was one of the first beauty bloggers I followed, along with Ms. Liz of Project Vanity, Ms. Donna of My Lucid Intervals, Ms. Say Tioco, Ms. Martha of The Beauty Junkee, and many other content creators that inspired me to start my own blog. We first met in person at the Project Vanity 8th Year Anniversary — which was two years ago! RolandeKarla.com was not even a thing yet at that time. (By any chance, who remembers my old blog? Haha!) Ms. Gen-zel has always been very supportive and encouraging. So, to anyone who seeks advice on blogging/vlogging and creating content, don’t be shy! She’s very friendly and approachable and she gives great advice. ❤]
I had so much fun at the event! Thank you and congratulations Project Vanity, Belle de Jour (BDJ), and all participating brands!
See you all at the next Project Vanity event!