Belo Sun Expert Perfecting Shield Tinted Sunscreen SPF 50 PA+++ || Product Review
- The perfect foundation substitute.
- Tone Adapt Technology.
- Broad spectrum UVA/UVB Protection.
- Cell Protect. Paraben-free. Non-comedogenic.
Admittedly, I don’t use sunscreen as much as I should. I know, shame. I skip it for the same reason most others do: it feels thick, heavy, and oily. Most of them break me out, too.
In this scorching summer heat, the last thing I want to do is to slather on some goop that makes my skin feel hot and sticky and makes my makeup cakey.
Alas, the sun’s not getting any dimmer and I’m not getting any younger, and sunscreen is known to be the top anti-aging solution. So, I went and bought the recently most raved about product, the Belo Tinted Sunscreen.
WHAT I LIKE:
- It’s very lightweight and cool on the skin. It blends easily and sets quickly into a matte finish. It also doesn’t leave me looking gray and ashy.
- It serves as a good base for my other products like concealer, powder, blush, etc.
- It’s not difficult to remove. Some sunscreens resist cleanser, but this one comes right off and I don’t need multiple steps to wash it off.
WHAT I DON’T LIKE:
- It oils up quickly. I don’t even have oily skin!
- Not sweat-resistant.
- It’s not compatible with some of my foundations. It causes the pigment to separate. (I just use concealer + powder foundation when I wear this)
- The formula “balls up” sometimes while you rub the product into the skin.
Maybe, I just think it shouldn’t have been marketed as “the perfect foundation substitute” because really, it’s not. The tint is barely there and doesn’t even out my skin tone (note: I have hyperpigmentation spots and scars). I still use concealer and medium-full coverage powder foundation. I think “perfect MAKEUP BASE” or “PRIMER substitute” would’ve been more accurate.
Overall, I do enjoy using it. My skin doesn’t break out from it, it’s comfortable to wear, and available in most supermarkets, drugstores, department stores, and online via Shopee and Lazada.
Do I recommend it? If you don’t wear a lot of makeup, yes. Just don’t expect it to substitute for your foundation. The tint really only helps prevent it from making you look ashy and ghostly.