The lip gloss trend from the 90’s is making a comeback, and thanks to Colourette Cosmetics, they’re better than ever! Continue reading “Colourette Colourglaze Vivid Lip Gloss || Product Review + Swatches”
I’m a little late to the party. I drafted this in December, but I got caught up in a hectic schedule. Anyway, I’m back, it’s a new year, a new chapter, and I intend to focus more on blogging and makeup artistry for the rest of 2018.
I had the opportunity to try out a lot of products last year, I just wasn’t able to blog about them. Oh well, better late than never! Let me check some off my list by sharing my Top Beauty Picks from 2017. Continue reading “Top Beauty Picks of 2017”
Red lipstick is a classic and timeless lipstick colour. The bold rouge is not everyone’s cup of tea; but, I think we can all agree that every makeup lover probably has at least one tube in their collection. It’s definitely a “power colour” that just screams confidence!
I started experimenting with lipstick at a young age. So, I am no stranger to the struggles of finding the perfect red lipstick. I absolutely love red lipstick! I have collected a wide variety of reds through the years, and these are the ones that stood out the most to me.
In no particular order, here is my list of top picks:
- Wet n Wild Megalast Lipstick in “Stoplight Red” – A bright, classic true red. This is one of the most popular red lipsticks in the drugstore because of the impressive quality for the inexpensive price. This is known to be a great dupe for the ever-famous MAC Ruby Woo.
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in “Wine with Everything” – A muted brick red. This shade is a very toned down red with slight brown and orange tones to it. It’s a good starter red for those who are just trying to ease their way into trying red lipsticks.
- Shawill Vogue Noble Steady Color Lipstick in “07” – A bright red with blue undertones. Ah, memories. I wore this lipstick to my Junior Prom in high school. I even reviewed this in my old blog! The smooth, balm-like formula makes it super hydrating and comfortable to wear, and the superb pigmentation is stunning! And for the price tag of PHP 128? It’s a great deal!
- Maybelline Creamy Matte Lipstick in “Rich Ruby” – A classic, cool-toned red. I reach for this when I was a casual, no-fuss red lip with minimal makeup on.
- Maybelline Creamy Matte Lipstick in “Divine Wine” – A deep wine/Oxblood red. This is such a gorgeous deep wine shade!
- L’oreal Matte Red in “Pure Rouge” – A blue-based red on me. In the tube, it looks more like a true red. On some skin tones, this tends to look warm. It is also a dupe for MAC Ruby Woo, which is also known to adapt to the wearer’s skin tone.
- L’oreal Matte Red in “Pure Garnet” – A deep, burgundy hue that leans towards berry on my lips.
- Colourette Colourstick in “Persia” – A deep red with blue undertones. It’s quite a vampy shade.
- Sooper Beaute So Matte Lipstick in “Red-dy For You” – A warm, orangey red. It’s a summery shade of red.
- Napoleon Perdis Set Lipstick in “Madrid” – A glossy red with slight blue undertones. I feel bad for including this in the list because it is not available locally. Napoleon Perdis is an Australian brand. Their face primer is included in my Ride or Die/2016 Favourites. It’s just such a beautiful red shade with a very comfortable formula. I used this in a makeup gig recently and the clients loved it!
- MAC Matte Lipstick in “Russian Red” – I’m not the biggest fan of MAC cosmetics in general. I have my opinions about the brand. However, I cannot deny that it is an oldie, but a goodie kind of classic. MAC Russian Red is equally just as famous as its sister, Ruby Woo. It’s a little less bright a bit cooler than RW. I do reach for my L’oreal Pure Rouge more than this; but, I still think it’s a great red that deserves recognition in this list.
That’s all for now! What is your favourite red lipstick? Leave a comment and let me know!
I’m a little late to the party with the Ride or Die Makeup Tag. I’m always trying new products; so, my list of favourites is always changing. The year is coming to an end, and I decided that it’s about time I round up my favourites for 2016.
Primer: Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Skin Primer – This is not the usual silicone-based primer. It has more of a lotion-like consistency. I love how it moisturizes my skin while providing a good base for my foundation. This works really well for my combination-dry skin.
Foundation: Wet n Wild Coverall Cream Foundation – I love this foundation so much! It’s a medium-full coverage demi-matte foundation. It’s actually a liquid foundation. So, I’m not sure why it’s called a cream foundation. Anyway, the finish of this is just so flawless; matte, but not flat. It looks just like second skin. This sets well on my skin, so I don’t usually to powder over it.
Concealer: Catrice Camoflauge Cream Concealer – This concealer can hide almost anything! I love this for hiding any traces of an all nighter. It’s very creamy and a little goes a long way. This does crease, though. So, a good setting powder is needed.
Setting Powder: RCMA No Color Powder – I gave in to the hype when I heard Jacklyn Hill and Wayne Goss rave about this powder. Mind you, this is not cheap. Initially, I hated this because I packed it on like how I would with my other setting powders, and it highlighted my dry patches. However, I discovered that you really only need the tiniest amount of this powder; and, it looks phenomenal! So velvety smooth.
Contour Powder: Inglot Freedom System Eyeshadow in “112R” – I don’t really use a specific contouring powder. I just use my Inglot eyeshadow which has 3 neutral shades of brown. Sometimes, I also use this for my eyes and brows. It’s very versatile!
Blush & Bonzer: EB Blush and Bronzer Duo in “Baked Fig” – Can you tell from the photo how much I love the bronzer? It gives my face the right amount of colour without looking orangey. The blush is such a beautiful dusty rose colour. The neutral tone would suit any skin tone. I also love how just a little bit of product goes a long way.
Highlighter: Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette – This is the BEST drugstore highlighting palette that money can buy! I promise. The quality of both the packaging and the actual product just looks and feels so high end and luxurious.
Brow Products: FS Eyebrow Powder Quad Palette & San San Waterproof Eyebrow Mascara – Now, I know that these are two products; however, I use them as a combination, which I would could as one. The FS brow palette is very versatile. The product is richly pigmented and easy to apply. The San San eyebrow mascara really sets your brows to a budge-proof, waterproof finish. This is legit.
Eyeshadow Palette: Pink Sugar Eye Candy Eyeshadow Palette in “EC-02” – This palette is just perfect. Gone are the days when drugstore, local palettes were just the chalky, poorly-pigmented stuff. This palette is the real deal. It’s a close dupe to the Viseart Minx palette, if I’m not mistaken. This palette is all you ever need to take you from day to night!
Eyeliner: Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Liner & K-Palette Real Lasting Eyepencil – Again, these are two products; but, I do use different eyeliners for my top and bottom lid/lash line. I use Maybelline gel liner for my top because it stays put on my very oily eyelids. I use the K-Palette eyeliner for my very watery waterline/lower lash line.
Mascara: Maybelline Great Lash Mascara – Ah. An oldie, but a goodie. This is my ultimate favourite mascara because it just WORKS. I have lashes that droop downwards. This holds my curl and gives me beautiful lashes.
Falsies: Wicked Beauty False Lashes (style “G01”) – I was not a fan of false lashes until I tried Wicked Beauty! (No, I am not paid to say that.) They are just so affordable, but the quality is really good. Plus, they come in so many different styles!
Lip liner: City Color City Chic Lip Liner – I used to hate lip liners because the ones I’ve tried were either stiff and dry, or too soft and mushy. City Color nailed it with these lip pencils. They have the right amount of firmness, so they don’t break easily; but, at the same time, they glide on really well on the lips and don’t dry them out.
Lipstick: Colourette Cosmetics Colourstick in “Georgia” – Now, if you’ve read my review on Colourette lipsticks, you would know by now that I absolutely love them! I would choose them over Mac any day. My favourite shade would probably have to be “Georgia” because it goes with anything and everything. You just can’t go wrong with this shade.
Lipgloss: Napoleon Perdis Lip Veil in “Rare Opal” – The formula of this lipgloss is smooth and hydrating. The shade I have is clear with beautiful pink, purple, and gold fine reflects. This looks amazing over any lipstick.
Liquid lipstick: Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick in “Unicorn Blood” – HANDS DOWN, the BEST liquid lipstick formula I’ve ever tried! This is the only liquid lipstick that does not dry out my very dry, textured lips. The formula is just phenomenal. As for the shade, I live, breathe, and bathe in Unicorn Blood, which is a deep blood red. Plus, it smells like root beer!
That’s all for my Ride or Die Tag/2016 Favourites!
Price: PHP 499 (SRP)
Place of Purchase: Bethany & Dakota (Poshmark Timog Branch), Persia (The Showroom Timog Branch), Harlem, Georgia, and Brooke (Colourette Marikina)
I first started seeing ads of Colourette by Fairness and Flawless on Facebook. Back then, I think they only had 5 shades available. I was not familiar with the brand and online shopping was not my thing yet at that time. So, every now and again, I would just look at the ads and think, “That’s a really pretty colour!” I remember that the first two shades I fell in love with were Bethany and Dakota.
Not long after encountering the brand online, I found out that they had opened a branch at a store near my school. Of course, I had to try these babies for myself! I bought, you guessed it, Bethany and Dakota. Soon, they started releasing new shades; and, you know what? When it comes to coming up with colours and shade names, Colourette knows what they’re doing! My collection now consists of Bethany, Dakota, Harlem, Persia, Georgia, and Brooke. (I said I’d only buy two! Hahaha)
Shades (as of September 2016):
- Chelsea – warm, beige nude
- Sahara – warm, slightly orangey nude
- Bethany – neutral brown toned nude
- Amari – light/pale baby pink or carnation nude
- Kendal – hot salmon pink
- Charlotte – fuchsia
- Harlem – bright, almost neon magenta
- Devon – hot orange; summery shade
- Maui – a redder version of Devon; poppy shade
- Petra – pink toned red
- Helena – a warm toned red
- Persia – dark cool toned red with slight purple undertones
- Dakota – deep burgundy
- Felicity – brown based pinkish nude
- Austin – mahogany brown
- Georgia – perfect mix of mauve, pink, and brown
- Olivia – bole brown
- Monroe – auburn-coral
- Brooke – rich chocolatey brown with very slight red undertones
They also have a lip primer called the “Uno Lip Primer”, which helps moisturize the lips and give them a clean, smooth canvas to adhere to. This helps the lipstick last longer!
Colourette Coloursticks has a signature watermelon scent throughout their line. Though, personally, I think it smells more like berries, haha. Anyway, it’s a really good smell. I usually prefer unscented cosmetics; but, the scent that they use is very pleasant. They released a limited edition collection that had an enticing mocha scent, which they appropriately named “Chocolat Collection”. The shades in that collection are now part of the permanent line (Felicity, Austin, Georgia, Olivia, Monroe, and Brooke), but the scent is back to the default fragrance.
Consistency and Pigmentation
So far, in terms of lipsticks, Colourette is the only brand I have tried that actually delivers its promises. (No, I am not paid to say that.) The creamy matte formula provides comfortable wear that looks matte (as in, gloss/shine free), but creamy at the same time (it does not have that powdery, flat finish). In photos, it may look shiny; but, in real life, it looks creamy. The one swipe claim is also true! Even the nude shades are highly pigmented. A little product goes a long way. Matipid siya gamitin.
Another perk that I love is that it is very versatile! Dab it on and wear it as a sheer wash of colour for a natural flushed look. Swipe it once and blot with a tissue paper to achieve a #kissproof stained look. Swipe it on or build it up if you want a full, bold look!
Despite the creamy matte formula, these babies are really long lasting. The moisturizing formula prevents the lipstick from flaking off and clumping up like other matte lipsticks. The pigment adheres well to the lips even without the UNO Lip Primer. The dark shades do need a little touch up if you eat something oily, but only if you want to keep it intense. They leave a nice, even stain that would NOT really NEED touch ups.
Colourette is my favourite lipstick brand, no joke. I love how the company promotes natural ingredients and delivers their claims. Plus, it’s a local brand. #LoveLocal! I highly recommend Colourette Coloursticks to people with sensitive skin/lips and people who want high quality products for a fairly inexpensive price.
#SALEbrate with Colourette Cosmetics!
For the month of September, Colourette Cosmetics is having a PHP 100 OFF on ALL their products!
Take advantage of this sale and get your own #CreamyMatte #Coloursticks and see what the hype is all about!
Break up with that same old dry love without breaking the bank with our month long #SALEbration! Fall in love at first swipe with the creamiest (yet matte) all natural lipstick you’ll ever need. #BeIT
Get your very own #CreamyMatte Lip Lacquer like no other from the following channels:
Via website: www.colourettecosmetics.com
Via Facebook message: www.facebook.com/ColouretteBeIT
Via SMS: 0998-998-3830
Via Lazada: bit.ly/LazadaColourette
Via Zalora: bit.ly/ZaloraColourette
Via authorized Dealers and Resellers – For buyers from QC, I highly recommend you order from Colourette Marikina! I trust and commend their service.
Fall in #LoveAtFirstSwipe with your lip lacquer like no other!